Room of Requirement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interesting spells

+8
jasperlovesme
theravenchilde
zerolover34
luv_edward_cullen
Hereandthere
Vendetta
Goodbye, I Love You
Cam
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Interesting spells Empty Interesting spells Sun May 18, 2008 7:39 pm

Cam

Cam
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff

Accio (AK-see-oh or A-see-oh): Causes an object to fly to the caster, even over quite some distance. It would seem that the caster must know at least the general location of the object summoned.

Alohomora (AL-o-ho-MOR-ah): Charm that causes a locked door to open.

Aparecium (a-par-EE-see-um): Makes invisible ink become visible.

Avis (AH-vis): Conjures a flock of small, twittering birds.

Colloportus (co-lo-POR-tus): Seals a door, making an odd squelching noise.

Confundus (con-FUN-dus): Causes confusion. A person who is affected by this Charm is said to be Confunded.

Deletrius (deh-LEE-tree-us): Erases the ghost images of spells revealed by the Priori Incantatem spell. Possibly can be used to remove other spell effects as well.

Densaugeo (den-sah-OO-gi-oh): A curse that causes the victim's teeth to enlarge grotesquely.

Diffindo (dih-FIN-doe): Spell that cuts something open.

Engorgio (en-GOR-gee-oh): A spell that causes the target to swell in size.

Ennervate (EN-er-vayt): Spell used to revive a person who has been hit by a Stunner.

Evanesco (ev-an-ES-ko): Makes something vanish (not just become invisible, but go away completely)

Everte Statum (i-VURT-e STA-tum): a spell that throws the target

Expecto Patronum (ex-PEK-toh pa-TROH-num): Conjures a Patronus, a silvery phantom shape, usually that of an animal, which is the embodiment of the positive thoughts of the caster. A Patronus will drive away Dementors.

Expelliarmus (ex-pel-ee-AR-mus): Causes opponent's weapon to fly out of their hand.

Ferula (feh-ROO-lah): Spell that conjures a wooden rod.

Finite Incantatum (fi-NEE-tay in-can-TAH-tum): Stops currently operating spell effects.

Flagrate (flah-GRAH-tay): Creates a burning, firey line in the air which can be "drawn" with the wand into specific shapes.

Furnunculus (fur-NUN-kyoo-lus): Curse that causes boils to break out all over the victim.

Impedimenta (im-ped-ih-MEN-tah): Stops an object or slows it down.

Imperturbable Charm (IM-per-TUR-ba-bul): Creates a magical barrier on an object, such as a door.

Impervius (im-PER-vee-us): Makes something waterproof or water repellent.

Incendio (in-SEN-dee-o): Starts a fire.

Locomotor Mortis (lo-co-MO-tor MOR-tis): Locks together the legs of the victim, making him unable to walk.

Lumos (LOO-mos): Causes a small beam of light to shine from the end of the caster's wand.

Lumos Solarum (LOO-mos so-LAR-um): Generates a brilliant blast of light, as bright as the sun.

Mobilicorpus (MO-bi-lee-COR-pus): Moves a body.

Nox (noks): Turns off the light from a "Lumos" spell.

Obliviate (oh-BLI-vee-ate): Modifies or erases portions of a person's memory.

Orchideous (or-KID-ee-us): Conjures a bouquet of flowers out of the end of a wand.

Petrificus Totalus (pe-TRI-fi-cus to-TAH-lus): Turns the entire body of the victim rigid.

Prior Incantato (prye-OR in-can-TAH-toe): Can be cast as a spell, ("Prior Incantato"), in which case it forces a wand to emit a ghost image of the last spell it cast. The images can be dispelled using the Deletrius spell.

Protego (pro-TAY-go): This spell creates a magical barrier which will deflect hexes thrown at the caster.

Quietus (KWY-uh-tus): Reverses the effect of the Sonorus spell, making the caster's voice normal in volume.

Reducio (re-DOO-see-oh): Causes an object to return to it's normal size.

Reparo (re-PAR-oh): Undoes damage to an object.

Rictusempra (ric-tu-SEM-pra): Causes a person to laugh uncontrollably.

Riddikulus (ri-di-KYOO-lus): Defense against a Boggart, forces the creature to take on a silly appearance.

Scourgify (SKUR-ji-fy): Cleans things.

Serpensortia (ser-pen-SOR-sha): Causes a large serpent to burst from the end of the caster's wand.

Silencio (si-LEN-see-oh): Magically silences the target of the spell.

Sonorus (so-NO-rus): Makes the caster's voice carry over long distances.

Stupefy (STOO-puh-fye): Renders the target of the spell unconscious; this spell hurls a bolt of red light.

Tarantallegra (TAIR-an-tuh-LEG-ruh): Forces the victim's legs to do a crazy dance.

Wingardium Leviosa (win-GAR-dee-um lev-ee-OH-sa): Causes an item to levitate.

**Unforgivable Curses**

Avada Kedavra (uh-VAH-duh kuh-DAH-vruh): Causes instant death in a flash of green light.

Imperio (im-PAIR-ee-oh): Causes the victim to be completely under the command of the caster, who can make them do anything they wish.

Crucio (KROO-see-oh): Causes the victim to suffer almost intolerable pain. Some victims of prolonged use of this curse have been driven insane.

http://www.myspace.com/noxy-girl

2Interesting spells Empty Re: Interesting spells Mon May 19, 2008 1:40 am

Goodbye, I Love You

Goodbye, I Love You
Ravenclaw Student
Ravenclaw Student

Haha it's a good thing I can't use magic; I'd be too tempted to use Evanesco on a few people....... Rolling Eyes

http://www.myspace.com/timestandsstill13

3Interesting spells Empty Re: Interesting spells Mon May 19, 2008 5:10 am

Cam

Cam
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff

Hahaha! Your not the only one..

http://www.myspace.com/noxy-girl

4Interesting spells Empty Re: Interesting spells Tue May 27, 2008 10:13 am

Vendetta

Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin

Rictusempra (ric-tu-SEM-pra): Causes a person to laugh uncontrollably.

This is STILL the best spell in existence!!

cyclops <--random

5Interesting spells Empty Re: Interesting spells Tue May 27, 2008 9:22 pm

Goodbye, I Love You

Goodbye, I Love You
Ravenclaw Student
Ravenclaw Student

I'm pretty sure I know a few wanna be comedians that need that spell.....

so for once in their comic career they don't hear crickets when the make jokes.

lol!

6Interesting spells Empty Re: Interesting spells Thu May 29, 2008 9:45 pm

Hereandthere

Hereandthere
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student

I would so use Rictusempra if I were a stand-up comedian. I've actually had a few friends suggest that I should have that as my career so I think my new excuse for them will be I need some magic first. Haha.

http://www.wizrocklopedia.com

7Interesting spells Empty Re: Interesting spells Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:07 pm

luv_edward_cullen

luv_edward_cullen
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor

Hahahaha...oh gosh how i wish I could cast spells.

8Interesting spells Empty Re: Interesting spells Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:41 pm

Goodbye, I Love You

Goodbye, I Love You
Ravenclaw Student
Ravenclaw Student

Hereandthere wrote:I would so use Rictusempra if I were a stand-up comedian. I've actually had a few friends suggest that I should have that as my career so I think my new excuse for them will be I need some magic first. Haha.

haha awesome excuse Razz

The spell that makes your opponent's legs dance seems like a fun spell.

It's like "Dance, Darn it! Dance!" Hahaha except it would be funnier if like red, fiery sparks were coming out their wand causing the person to dodge making them "dance".

Either scenerio makes me chuckle (which is basically why I post in this thread Razz )

9Interesting spells Empty Re: Interesting spells Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:14 am

zerolover34

zerolover34
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student

Furnunculus (fur-NUN-kyoo-lus): Curse that causes boils to break out all over the victim.
HMMM i would use that on a few people that dasevre it to bad i can't use magic

Kendra

10Interesting spells Empty Re: Interesting spells Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:11 pm

theravenchilde

theravenchilde
Ravenclaw Student
Ravenclaw Student

I find that "Quietus" would be immensely useful on certain annoying people... better yet, "Silencio". Just make them shut up altogether.
*Silences the teacher* MUAHAHAHHA.

11Interesting spells Empty Re: Interesting spells Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:18 am

jasperlovesme

jasperlovesme
Slytherin Student
Slytherin Student

I would say "Obliviate" is my favorite because, if I did have the privilege to use magic, this is one spell that I would use. say goodbye to bad, terrifying memories Razz

also, "Rictusempra" would just be plain hilarious! haha! lol!

http://alexisviray.multiply.com

12Interesting spells Empty Re: Interesting spells Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:53 pm

MessrMoony2

MessrMoony2
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student

I think Accio would be dead useful. I lose stuff all the time and I'd love to be able to just summon it!

I know it's not a spell, but I would love to be able to Apparate. I would save so much money because I'd never have to drive to work again! Very Happy

http://essenceofinsanity.wordpress.com/

13Interesting spells Empty Re: Interesting spells Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:03 am

Pixie

Pixie
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student

Tarantallegra (TAIR-an-tuh-LEG-ruh): Forces the victim's legs to do a crazy dance.

Bahaha that would be so funny...

14Interesting spells Empty Re: Interesting spells Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:40 pm

Twilight'sBetter...Sorry

Twilight'sBetter...Sorry
Arriving on Privet Drive

Scourgify would make like so much easier. Rictusempra would be fun to use. Just point at random people around town or around school, that's what I call a good time. Someone should use it on an emo kid, that would make my day. Very Happy

http://sheetmusicforthemasses.blogspot.com

15Interesting spells Empty Re: Interesting spells Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:57 am

Liv-wa

Liv-wa
Slytherin Student
Slytherin Student

Twilight'sBetter...Sorry wrote:Rictusempra would be fun to use. Just point at random people around town or around school, that's what I call a good time. Someone should use it on an emo kid, that would make my day. Very Happy

haha. That would be amazing. Levicorpus would be a fun one too.

http://www.liv-wa.webs.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum